I've been in a "re-living the 90s through song" period for the past couple weeks. All I've been listening to is 90s and early 00s alternative music. I stay in a nice state of calm and reminiscence while I drive. Remember music videos and MTV when it was actually an abbreviation for Music Television? Wow time has changed.
I also still use burnt cds, which will probably become the cool thing to do one day. It just hasn't happened yet. Right now its for pure utility.
Yes I know using your iPod is the normal way of listening to music these days, but there's something nice about not flipping frantically through an iPod while steering a car through traffic that I appreciate. Personally I find that if I leave the music to my iPod's shuffle, I hate every song it plays. How does that even happen?
So here is my current playlist I've been listening to:
1. Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik
2. Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
3. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
4. Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
5. 3 Am - Matchbox Twenty
6. Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
7. A Murder of One - Counting Crows
8. Get Your Shit Together - Beth Hart
9. I Want You - Savage Garden
10. Building a Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
11. Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
12. Real World - Matchbox Twenty
13. Freedom - George Michael
14. Morning Glory - Oasis
15. Today - Smashing Pumpkins
16. The Way - Fastball