Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Books: The Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Wow, what a completely strange book. This book was nothing that I expected, and nothing that you could even predict while reading. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. 
The book is about Karou, a seventeen year old art student in Prague who works for a mysterious man and his most unusual cohorts (she considers her family). This demon father figure has her collect teeth from around the world through use of magic portal doors. The purpose of the teeth is unbeknownst to Karou. As I said, this book is strange. One day while she is collecting teeth, she meets an angel and her life's mysteries begin to unravel. 

What I liked about the book was that it really was a book that you couldn't predict how it would end. Often books are given too much foreshadowing that the climax is ruined. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone was so unique that it was a definite page turner. 


I really don't want to give anything else away because its something you must read on your own and experience for yourself. I will say that Laini Taylor, the author, did a superb job of setting up the book for a sequel. 

If you would like more information click HERE. You can also purchase the book HERE for about $10.50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...