Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Perfume: Michael Kors Very Hollywood

I originally bought the Michael Kors Very Hollywood perfume a year ago, and though I switch between a few different perfumes throughout the year, I always go back to this one. 


I won't lie, before I even bought it, I fell in love with the advertisements. They featured an anonymous red carpet couple. The image was a mix of present and past ideas of Hollywood with the perfect amount of glamour. 
When I bought the perfume, I was so glad the advertisements sucked me in because it is incredible. The scent is young but not tween or teenager young. It's the perfect scent for your 20s or 30s I think because its light and sophisticated. 


Very Hollywood features mandarin, gardenia, and vetiver in its scent profile. Though it may seem overly floral, it doesn't make you feel like you're walking around smelling like a pungent flower bouquet. The scent is soft and sweet. Many other reviewers say that it smells classy, and I know that isn't the best word to describe a scent, but once you smell Very Hollywood, you'll be saying the same. I absolutely agree with them. 
Besides the scent, the bottle is gorgeous. I really hate tacky perfume bottles, especially when they are in a shape that makes no sense for perfume. Another reason I love this product is that the name is written in a font highly similar to that of the Beverly Hills Hotel (my favorite hotel). I'm sure this is not a coincidence, as the BHH has been the stomping grounds of the rich and famous for the last fifty years. There is one more similarity, the BHH has the nickname "The Pink Palace" as it is a soft peach pink color. It just so happens that this perfume is a similar soft shade of peach pink. 


Pure and simple, I love this perfume. I often get compliments on it and asked what it is. If your looking for a soft everyday perfume, this is the one for you! 


If you would like to purchase Michael Kors Very Hollywood click HERE. Sephora has a variety of sizes you can buy including a lip gloss/parfum rollerball. It is fantastic for travel. 

4 comments:

  1. Neat post!
    Also, thank you so much for your comment (@MyLyfeMyStory)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a new perfume for Christmas!! Might have to go and check this one out. Love the campaign pic with Carmen Kass, she looks stunning. Thanks for stopping past my blog, you have a new follower, would love if you followed back.xx

    http://deluxegypsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post very informative blog
    toronto limos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...